"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations."
-- Psalm 100:4-5
it's Thanksgiving in America! most of us love to watch the Macy's parade, eat until we can't move, watch football if that's your thing [not mine!] watch Christmas movies [it's the first day I allow myself to watch Elf!], nap, eat some more, and generally be surrounded our family and the people closest to us. sometimes it's easy to forget the true meaning of this special day in the midst of all the yummies and family chaos. you know, the true meaning of being THANKFUL for all that is good in life, all that God has blessed us with, and actually counting our blessings and expressing thanks for every one of those things, which we can tend to forget to do on a daily basis.
my small family of 4 has a tradition of going around the table and saying what we are thankful for before we gorge on our delicious evening meal, as I'm sure other families do too. I thought it would be perfect for Chelsea and I to share what we are thankful for, and bring the true meaning of this day to light. it's not all about turkey and pumpkin pie and the new movies released in theaters... although those are great things to give thanks for!
- the roof over my head and the warm, cozy bed to in sleep at night.
- the health, happiness and safety of my family and myself.
- my parents who love and support me through anything and everything.
- my brother who is the complete opposite me and loves me despite our differences.
- my thoughtful, generous, loving boyfriend Lonnie and all we have been through together.
- laughter, God's grace, and the ability to love and be loved.
- food to eat, the gas in my car, the clothes on my back.
- being employed! my job and being able to do what I love every day.
- cookies and ice cream and chocolate!
- my BFF Chelsea who has been there for me in the worst and best of times! she is my kindred spirit and I am lucky to have her in life always!
- and of course, this blog! and all of you (yes I mean YOU) who read what we have to say and interact with us on a daily basis. this wouldn't exist without you and I am SO grateful for having a space to share what we're up to and what we love on our small corner of the Internet!
This year has been a special one. I am so overwhelmed when I think about how blessed I am and it's hard to even write down everything I am thankful for, so I will do my best:
+ I am thankful for my life. The past few months with my friends losing loved ones it has been a reminder how fast our time goes by here.
+ I am thankful for my family. Living far away from home is so tough. (My family lives in Texas) but I am grateful for any opportunity that I have with them!
+ I am very grateful for my best friend Kaitlin who has been my rock to me in my hardest times & the person that makes me laugh til I cry. She just gets me and I'm so blessed to have her as my sister!
+ Andrew, I am so thankful for you... Our friendship, partnership, and love.
+ I am thankful for my children, Jackson and Evie. They bring my heart SO much joy (note: these are my cats for those who did not know!) and Bonneville too! (Andrew's pup)
+ my photography business, I am so exhausted from this busy & rewarding year!
+ I am thankful for my friends who continue to inspire me to create more, to love, the dance, & to not take life too seriously.
+ last but not least, Jimmy Fallon for always making me laugh after a long day.
we hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
kaitlin elaine & chelsea diane