Valentine's Day is upon us! whether you're in a relationship, married, single, or 'it's complicated', it's always a great reason to get dolled up a little extra on the 14th of February and maybe try a little something more with your makeup! maybe you'll go for a classic red lip, or switch up your bronzer for a pink blush. or maybe you don't wear makeup ever and want to fancy up just for yourself!
instead of a typical makeup tutorial featuring a red lip, [don't get me wrong, I love red lips, but sometimes the "classic Valentine's Day" looks all end up looking the same to me!] I decided to show you a few soft, pretty pink products to add to your Valentine's Day look. all of the items are very daytime-wearable too if you're like me and have to work and you don't want to wear a heavy face of evening makeup during the day!
plus, I'm sharing 5 of my all-time favorite red lipsticks for all skin tones, if you are going to rock a red lip for this day of romance!
one of my favorite lip colors lately is this lipliner my Milani in the color 09 Spice. it's a browny nudey red color, goes on super easily with it's creamy texture and has awesome color pay off. plus, it's long lasting because it's a liner. I just used it to fill in my lips completely. I think it's perfect for valentine's day because it can go with any eyeshadows and isn't too dark or too light. I always prep my lips with my EOS lip balm!
I'm also wearing this beautiful rose Milani blush in Romantic Rose. it's a matte blush and adds the perfect amount of natural flush, plus the matte-ness balances out the sparkles used on my eyes.
I used the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette to create a soft rose-gold eye look. I love the pinks in this for Valentine's Day! my eyeliner is the dark black in the palette used on a damp angled brush. it has beautiful pink/red reflects in it!
some of my other favorites for a soft & pretty Valentine's Day look include:
- Revlon Colorstay concealer in "light" -- great coverage for under eye circles and stays put!
- MAC paint pot in "Bare Study" -- awesome eyeshadow base, and also pretty on it's own!
- Kat VonD Lock-It tattoo foundation -- very high coverage, matte finish foundation, great for problem skin and best applied with a damp beauty blender sponge!
- Physician's Formula highlighter powder -- gives beautiful dimension to the face when applied to cheekbones, bridge of nose, etc.
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in "tender rose" -- this is my holy grail, all time favorite powder. I've used it in every tutorial. I use it to set foundation, but when my skin is better I can use it on it's own as foundation.
MY TOP 5 FAVORITE RED LIPSTICKS!
- NYX "Chaos"
- NARS "Jungle Red"
- AVEDA "Cherrybud"
- L'Oreal "Matte-r of Fact"
- MAC "Ruby Woo"
I hope you try some of these pretties in your Valentine's Day makeup look! whether you're going out or staying it, red lips are always a good idea :)
x's + o's